Thursday 5 January 2012

More stuff they grow here!

Hi Everyone,

I'm back and the Super Santa Suit is packed away for another year. Can you guess what stuff I'm going to tell you about today? There was a big clue in the last blog. That's right! Oranges and things like that.


There's a special word for things like oranges. They are called Citrus Fruit which is one of those words that looks a bit different to how you say it, Sitrus. I like that word!


As well as millions of oranges on thousands of trees in hundreds of orange groves, they also grow another of my favourite Christmas citrus fruits, the Tangerine.





Now, some of the citrus fruits they grow here don't look like the ones I eat.




I called these 'Thingy Fruit', but Mr.P said he thinks they are Grapefruit. Well, I know a grape when I see one, so I think 'Thingy Fruit' would be a better name.





All these fruits grow in the fields around La Torre Golf Resort, where we are living. We took the pictures when we went on a bike ride around Roldan. Mr.P pedalled the bike and I climbed the trees.


I've left the best citrus fruit till last. I think it's got the best name, but I wouldn't eat one like an orange. Can you guess what its called?


Lemon! Millions and Millions of Lemons! Charlie likes a slice of lemon in her pop, but I like the name, Lemon! Oh, and climbing the lemon trees.


The trees are very tall for a 44cm Tiddy!




There's enough lemons on the floor to fill a shop. No wonder they are so cheap in the San Javier Market!




Well, I've had so much fun telling you all about the citrus fruits growing in Sunny Spain.





There's even more stuff growing in the fields all around us. Do you know what's growing in this picture? I'll be back soon to tell you about even more stuff that grows in Sunny Spain!



Back soon,



Tiddy x

1 comment:

  1. yum! what a yummy fun post
    ive been really enjoying the oranges and clementines from spain lately
    love the 'thingy fruit" - tiddy always cracks me up

    ReplyDelete