Thursday 12 January 2012

Even More Stuff They Grow Here!

Hi Everyone,

I know I forget a lot of things, but I haven't forgot that there is more stuff to tell you about, growing in the fields around La Torre.


Do you remember this picture?


Did you have a guess at what's growing in these fields?



It's Lettuce!




That's right.They grow millions of Lettuce here and Mr.C can buy 4 for 1 Euro in San Javier Market which is really cheap.

They also grow tons of Broccolli and loads of Artichokes.



















I was very surprised to see how much food they grow here. There's lot's of sun, but not very much rain and you need water for growing things. The Spanish farmers are very clever, cos they put hundreds of miles of pipe along every row in every field and water all the plants every day.




Can you see the pipes? Mr.P told me a really cool word for getting water to plants, it's called IRRIGATION!

Well I've got to go now.

Bye!

Tiddy x

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE artichokes - too bad i hate to prepare them ;)
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can get them ready prepared and frozen in Spain :o) They arent quite as nice as fresh ones though. I wonder if you can cook them in chocolate sauce....Tiddy x

    ReplyDelete