Saturday 31 December 2011

Tiddy's Puzzle Plan

Hi Everyone,

It's nearly 2012, so I'll be back later with my Super Duper New Year Blog. First, I wanted to show you what I've been doing over Christmas, in between buying things, eating things and climbing things.



I did this puzzle without any help from Charlie. She said it's because it's a football one and she isn't into football, but I think she's being nice to me, cos I've wanted to try to do one without Charlie helping me for ages.

Mr.P always says that, whatever the picture, and however many pieces there are, you can do it, if you follow the plan. So, I'm going to show you our puzzle plan for doing puzzles!

1. Find the corners. (2 flat sides)



 Mr.P says that, as long as the puzzle has only 4 sides, it will only have 4 corners, even if it was a million piece puzzle. The more pieces there are the longer it takes to find them.

2. Find the edge pieces (1 flat side)



The more pieces in the puzzle, the bigger it will be, so the more edge bits there are, but they've all got a flat side. That makes them easier to find.

3. Put the corners in the corners... 



4.  Join them together using the flat sided edge bits.





Sometimes I'm lucky, and I find some bits that belong together, when I'm searching for the flat edge bits. If I do, I put them together. Can you see the ones behind me in the picture above?


5. Look for the bits of picture that match the flat edge bits and put them in place.





Don't forget you can join other bits together if you're lucky. I was very lucky. Can you see all the extra bits I've done?




6.Keep going til you get to the last piece.





I think puzzles are fun and, like everything in life, it's a lot easier with a plan, and Mr.P's super duper 'Jumbo' puzzle case!



I hope you liked my puzzle plan, cos I think it's very clever and it works every time.

Now I've got to put my puzzle away, so we can do another one, but I'll be back this evening with my Absolutely Fanteddytastic New Year Blog.

Bye,

Tiddy x


No comments:

Post a Comment