Wednesday 1 June 2011

Day trip to Blackpool.

Hi Everyone,

it's me again, and I'm back to tell you where Charlie and me went to spend all the money I made in Scotland. My idea for making money wasn't as clever as the banks up there who print it, but I did have a few pounds and we knew just the place to spend it.




Blackpool! The sea side capital of the north. We were so excited at the stories of the fantasticle things like, trams, arcades, shows, piers and a tower. We was
nearly busting with excitment as we got nearer and nearer. Then Mr.P said that they'd shut Blackpool!



We parked the car and went to investigate and it didn't look good. There were cranes, bollards, fencing, big holes and builders everywhere. I tried to make the most of it and see if I could have a go on a crane cos the trams were gone, but I got a bit stuck!

Mrs C came to the rescue and told me not to worry cos we could still go to the Arcade. It was loads more brillianter than a tram ride, and we spent stacks of my Scottish money.


After the arcade we went to find out if anything else in Blackpool was still working, and we found the most famous thing that Blackpool's got, The Tower!


The tower was so, so, so tall. I know I'm small, so even some short things look tall to me, but honest it's absolutely, humungusly bigger than big. Really it's so massive, you can see it from 30 miles away. It would take 367 and a half tiddy's stood on top of each other to reach the top, not a lot of people know that.

After The Tower we kept searching for the bits of Blackpool that were still working. We had to go through shops and down lanes to get around all the shut bits, but it was worth it cos we found The Pier!
It was so much fun running along the boards looking down to see the sea. Charlie was feeling tired so we had a sit down, but I wanted to see more of the sea.


There were loads of really great things on the Pier including shows like the big wheel, but my favourite thing was the Helter Skelter.

O' before I go, Mr P told us a really funny poem about Blackpool that he heard when he was a little, like hundreds of years ago. If you want to hear it check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVbHIUA0S0U&feature=related .

Bye for now,

Tiddy x

No comments:

Post a Comment