Thursday 30 June 2011

Wind Powered Tiddy!

Bonjour Messieurs Dammes (that's foreign french for ladies and gentlemen, but they put them the wrong way around for some reason).

Today, I want to tell you about a brilliantly fantastical thingy that I discovered on top of a mountain in French France. We shouldn't have been on top of the mountain, but we got very lost. Mrs C said to go right and then she said to turn round, now Mr P said turn left, but when Mrs C said turn round, Mr P said no it should be ok.

So you get the idea, that's right it was Mr. P's fault and we were very lost, and I did my best to help find the way home. Can you see me checking the direction signs? Oooh.. I do love climbing.

Anyway, when we were very lost, we found this brilliantly fantastical thingy that I'm going to tell you about, so I think Mr P did ok, even if that's not what Mrs C said. 

No I haven't had a propeller stuck in my head, I'm stood in front of a 240 tonne wind mill. It's so, so, so... tall!


They don't look very big across the fields, but up close they are humungusly massivish. The spinny bit is over 200 feet across and these ones make 24 million Kilo Watts of electricity every hour.

Now I haven't got a clue what a Kilo Watsit is but Mr P, who knows about this stuff, told me that it take three of them to boil our kettle. So all I know is 24 million would make an awfull lot of cups of tea, for sure.


They are not only very, very tall, but they are noisy as well. The loud humming noise they make is really wierd and a bit freaky. Then, there's the fact that we could see the electricity going down the cables. Honest, it completely freaked Mrs C out when we looked at the cables. Every time the spinny thing went around the cable would go black for about 10 feet and we watched the black bit move along and another one would take it's place. It was so spooky!


Can you see all the french talking words on the sign behind me? There are some more easy peasy foreign french words on it. Have you spotted any? I could see  Production, variable and service, but Mr P says there are more. Can you spot any? If you can, please tell me on the comments, cos it's doing my head in. Anyway, I think we should copy some foreign french words cos they sound nicer, like the word Investissement sounds much better than Investment. The extra middle bit makes it sound much more fun.

Well I've got go, cos Charlie wants to go on Ebay and she's been ever so kind to wait so long, but before I go, I think I should say one more thing. There's lots of people who think Wind Power Thingies are really good and lots of people who think they're not. Well I don't know enough stuff to know who's right, but I think that even though they are are freaky, spooky, noisy and huge, they're still so cool.

Bye for Now,

Tiddy x

No comments:

Post a Comment