Friday 24 June 2011

Whizzy Tiddy!

Charlie here!

I thought I'd better post my blog entry, as Tiddy keeps putting little ones on before I can get to the computer. He's very keen and good at blogging. I think it is very clever of him to know lots of French words. I hope you are enjoying his lessons. So, here's my blog about a pretty French town.

Here is a photo of Tiddy and I at St Valery sur Somme, in Picardy, France.We are sat on a wall by the church. It is quite high up. Can you see the house behind us? It is very pretty. I'd like to live in a house like that!


We had cycled to the village square to see this church. It was very old, with very pretty patterns on it. I liked the clock tower. We arrived just in time to hear the bells ring for 7 o'clock. It was very loud! Tiddy cheered when the bells rang. He loves loud noises, but I put my hands over my ears. We couldn't go in the church, as it was locked, but we still enjoyed looking at the outside.



St. Valery has lots of interesting places, including the ruins of an old prison.  We cycled around the town, looking for clues about what happened there a long time ago. In school, they call that 'History'.

Look at this interesting bit of wall we found. I was very brave and climbed up a bit of it. Tiddy thought that it would be more fun to be higher up. He's so much braver than me! There was a stone plaque on the wall, saying that Joan of Arc had been there in 1430. That's a very long time ago.

Joan of Arc was a peasant girl. Her family were very poor. Even so, she became famous by flying a flag to encourage the army in the battles. There are statues of her all over France. I wonder if anyone will ever build a statue of Tiddy and me?


This last photo came out a bit blurred, as Tiddy couldn't keep still. He wanted me to take so many photo's that he kept whizzing from place to place. I was quite worn out by the end of the day. He's such a busy bear!

Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment