Saturday 25 June 2011

Billy The Conker Champion, I think?

Bonjour Everyone,

I'm back to tell you all about the famous man who was in St Valery Sur Somme 945 years before we visited. I know all you clever people will have guessed who it was, cos my clue was too good. That's right! 2011 take away 945 is 1066, but did you know that William The Conqueror didn't play conkers. Honest. I was suprised as well, but Mr.P told me, and he's very old, so he knows loads of stuff about old things. 

It seems Mr Conqueror filled a load of ships with lots of soldiers and set sail for Britain in 1066. He landed here and had a big fight with King Harold II and his armies. The battle was in Hastings and Mr Coqueror won, so he took King Harold's job as King and stayed here. He was called King William the first.




I found some old boats, but they weren't 945 years old. I had great fun climbing on them and pretending I was Tiddy The Conker Champion setting sail for England to be the new King.





















We had a fantastical time exploring the place where so much history (that's old stuff) happened. We looked across the beach and it was funny to think what it must have been like in 1066.


Before I go, here's a picture of me by the pretty church in St Valery. I think the Gargoyles look awesome!

Bye for now,


Tiddy x

No comments:

Post a Comment