Saturday 2 April 2011

Flags Away!

Hi Everyone,


Don't think I'll fit
 I'm really so excited, because 'Mr. P' took me down the Post Office in town today to post my flag to Australia. I had a great time in the post office, where I measured myself to see if I could fit in a letter. I did this to prove to Charlie that it wasn't silly to try and post myself. On second thoughts though, maybe she was right.



I love exploring
new places
We had to wait in the queue for ages, but I was having a great time. Without Charlie keeping an eye on me, I was free to explore.

The Post Office is a brilliant place to climb, as long as the postman doesn't see you.


Next stop Australia!
I think it's absolutely brilliant that I can put my parcel in the post box in Bargoed and it will go all the way to my little friend's house in Australia.

My parcel is going by Airmail. The 1st airmail to Australia started in July 1938, not many people know that.




Look! I'm climbing the
royal drain pipe.
Another thing 'Mr P' told me that not a lot of people know, is why it's called the Royal Mail. It's because King Charles I allowed the public to use his 'Royal Mail' in 1635. Then Mr. Cromwell chopped his head off and started the 'General Post Office' in 1657. Then when Mr Cromwell was dead, they made a new king called Charles II and he said the General Post Office could run the Royal Mail.

See I told you not a lot of people knew that.


I'll be back very soon to show you what I bought on our trip up North...

Tiddy x





No comments:

Post a Comment