Friday 25 March 2011

Hadrian's wall.

Hello, Charlie here!


Hadrian's wall.
On the way to Scotland, we saw a sign for Hadrian's wall. I thought it would be interesting, but I didn't realise it would be so big!! It is 73 miles long. We didn't see all of it, but the bit we saw was fun to climb on.









Tiddy loves to climb, so he had great fun pretending to be Spider Man. 



Careful Tiddy!




 Tiddy climbed to the top of the wall and shouted out, "I'm the king of the castle!" He's a very silly bear. I am glad that the wall wasn't as high as when it was first built. Lots of it has fallen down, or people have taken the stones to build walls and houses.


The pictures showed what the wall used to look like.
I found this very interesting notice board. There were lots of big words, but I could easily understand the drawings. There used to be towers along the wall. I bet Tiddy would have liked to pretend he was a Roman soldier and marched around on top of the tower.


Here's a picture of Tiddy and I on Hadrian's Wall with our Welsh flag. We felt like the astronauts who put a flag on the moon.


I feel giddy!






On the way back to the car, I spotted a pretty little bridge over a stream. We lay down on the bridge to watch the water flowing past. It made me feel really giddy. I giggled when I tried to stand back up, as my head was all wobbly.


I hope you enjoyed seeing Hadrian's Wall. 


Charlie x


No comments:

Post a Comment