Tuesday 1 March 2011

Happy St. David's Day!

Today is 1st of March. In Wales, we celebrate St David's day! St David lived one thousand five hundred years ago. That is a VERY long time ago. 


I had been busy making my special costume, which is like the ones people used to wear in Wales . I enjoyed wearing it. There were lots of little girls coming home from school who were all wearing the same costume as me. I felt very proud!


This doesn't look very safe!
So, today, we had a day trip to Caerphilly, famous for it's castle. One of the towers looks like it is going to fall over. I was a bit worried it would fall into the moat, but it didn't.






Birds everywhere!
There were lots of ducks and geese by the moat. Some were swimming in the cold water. I didn't go for a paddle, as it was a chilly day!










Careful Tiddy!
We found this sign, with words in English and Welsh. Tiddy got close up to the words, as he said he couldn't see them properly from the ground. 










Mmmm...they smell good!
When we got home, I baked some Welsh cakes. I used sugar, flour, butter, eggs and currants. Can you see the traditional bakestone I used to cook them? It is very heavy and made of metal.






Tea time.
Tiddy and I ate a whole Welsh cake each. That is a lot for a teddy bear to eat, but we were very hungry after such a busy day. Can you see Tiddy's leek? He'll tell you all about it later.




Charlie x

2 comments:

  1. tiddy and charlie should do more cooking with recipes for us

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look as if you enjoyed your outing, and I really like your costume you worked hard making your shawl. I wish I could have some welsh cakes mmm

    ReplyDelete