Sunday 20 March 2011

Morecambe in the sunshine!

Charlie here!


We've been to the seaside!!! It was great fun, and I'd like to tell you all about our day.



We had a lovely day in Morecambe. The sun was shining and it was really warm. The sea was shiny and pretty. Lots of birds came out to play.









We found this statue of Eric Morecambe, a famous funny man from years ago. You can see him on this youtube link.

Click here for Eric Morecambe on video.

Tiddy working very hard!
There is a lovely sandy beach at Morecambe, so Tiddy and I decided to build a sandcastle. I put this pretty windmill next to it.  I was tired and had a rest, but Tiddy wanted to dig a moat around the castle. He's very clever.

 I found this pretty blue telescope that let me look out to sea. I could see land far away. I felt like a sailor!
Morecambe Bay is an important place for bird watchers. Bird watchers are sometimes called 'twitchers'. That name makes me giggle! Through the telescope, I could see birds flying over the sea.

 I found some interesting footprints in the sand. These ones looked like a dog had been walking in the sand.
 These look like the footprints of a person wearing shoes. They were much bigger than the dog prints!
Look! Here are some bird footprints! They look very different to the other prints. Can you see where the birds have walked?



Tiddy found some interesting shells and sea weed on this rock. I collected some shells, and am going to make something pretty from them. I'll show you a photo when I have finished.


Tiddy found this fishing net. He wanted me to take a photo, as he liked the orange colour. He looks like a fisherman on a boat. 





Tiddy decided it would be a good idea to post himself on to the next place on our trip. He looked very funny when he got stuck in the post box. I tugged and tugged until he was back out. I'm glad he decided not to try to get back in. I was a bit scared that he would be stuck there till a postman came along! He's such a silly bear, but I love him.

Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment