Tuesday 3 July 2012

Tidette!

Charlie here!

Tiddy has been telling you about our huge trip back to the UK, but I thought I'd tell you about something we did in Spain.


Do you remember we told you about our friend Mrs H? Well, we liked her very much, and so decided to make her a presant before we left. So, I got my knitting needles out and bought some pink yarn. Here's a photo of me busy knitting.

It took me a long time to knit our special surprise. Tiddy offered to help me, as he's very kind like that. 


Well, things didn't go very well. He got himself a bit tied up in the yarn. It took Mrs C ages to get him untied and get all the knots out of the yarn.  I think he's better at climbing than knitting, although his knitting makes me giggle!

After I had finished knitting, it was time to do a bit of sewing. I decided not to let Tiddy help out this time. I was a bit worried that he would sew the knitting to himself. That wouldn't have been a good thing, so he just watched and ran around a bit while I sewed.

It is very difficult for me to sew, as I don't have very big fingers. It took a long time, but I got it finished in the end.


Can you guess what I was making? It was a miniature Tiddy. We called her Tidette and Mrs H said that she was very pretty. I like knitting gifts for people, and it made me very happy that Mrs H liked her presant.


Bye for now.

Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment