Tuesday 2 August 2011

Tiddy and the Big Ship!

Hi Everyone,

I'm back with more news of what we saw in London. Did you guess where I went after Trafalgar Square? I gave you the clue, that it was something to do with the Navy. Well, it was a battle ship!



 This ship is called The HMS Belfast and there are no prizes for guessing where it was built.

That's right, Belfast, in 1939, at the start of World War II, so it's 72 years old! 



I think it's funny that this ship is called a light cruiser, cos it's 10,550 ton!!! Gosh how big is a heavy one?

When it was only 3 months old, it hit a mine and was blown up! It took over 2 years to do all the work to mend it! Now not a lot of people know that!


Well, I'm glad they did mend it and the driver was more careful after, not to blow it up again. Cos I think it's an utterly fantastical thing to see in the River Thames in the middle of London.

Well I'm off now, but before I go, I'll give you a clue about my next blog. I climbed on something really cool and super specialy Londonish. Can you guess what it is from my picture?



Back soon,

Tiddy x

No comments:

Post a Comment