Wednesday 26 October 2011

Pretty Chinese things.

Charlie here!
When we were in China, we saw lots of pretty things. This is a view of the West Lake in Hangzhou. Can you see the pretty little boats?




These boats were very different. One small one with a canopy and one big one with a Chinese roof.
The small one is going towards some lotus flowers. The Chinese people grind up the roots of the lotus flower to make a powder. You then add water to it and it makes a very healthy treat. It is delicious!


Look at these beautiful flowers! If you look very carefully, there is a pretty butterfly in the top picture.




This is my new umberella I bought in a shop by the lake. It is made of lace. I don't think it will keep any rain off me though, hehe.


This is a very colourful Chinese shop. It was full of unusual fruit and vegetables. 


There were lots of people flying kites by West Lake. Tiddy and I watched for ages. Here are some men carrying even more kites to fly. The Chinese have been flying kites for about 2800 years! They use silk to make them.


These fish looked like little streaks of gold in the pond. There were loads of them swimming around.  I liked to watch the bright coloured fish darting around in the water.


Next time, I'll show you some photos of the reason we were in China. See you then!


Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment