Saturday 26 February 2011

Pretty things.

Hello everybody. Charlie this time :o)

Pretty snowdrops.
I looked out of the window on this beautiful sunny day, and spotted these snowdrops in our garden. They are the same colour as my heart!
The proper name for snowdrops is Galanthus. I prefer to call them snowdrops. It sounds much nicer.

This afternoon, Tiddy and I went for a walk to see if any other flowers were growing.

Daffodil buds.
I found these daffodils. They are supposed to be yellow, but the buds were still tightly closed so that I couldn't see what colour they were.







I like yellow.

Look what I found around the corner! These daffodil buds had opened in the sunshine. They are  yellow. I like yellow. It makes me smile!







Where is Tiddy gone?
A bit further on, I found these pretty catkins. They were quite high up, so I had to climb to get a good photo of them. Tiddy was excited about climbing, and got very silly!







Forsythia buds.
Look! I found some forsythia flower buds too! They will be a beautiful yellow colour, just like the daffodils. It wont be long till the flowers come out.








Ouch!
I was getting hungry and decided to go home, but Tiddy wanted to explore some more. So we walked for a few more minutes and I found these bright red berries on a holly bush. Another name for holly is Ilex. Mmmm, I think I'll still call it holly.


I didn't want to get the prickles stuck in my paws, but Tiddy thought it wouldn't hurt much and climbed the holly tree to be in the photograph. He's very brave!


We had a lovely day looking at beautiful things right here where we live. The world is a good place to see  pretty things, even if you can't travel far from home.


Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment