Friday 18 February 2011

Beautiful Bournemouth.

Hello, Tiddy here. I thought I'd be first to post on our new blog. How exciting! Not the sort of thing most bears get to do.


Well, last week, Charlie and I went to Bournemouth. We stayed in a posh hotel very near the beach.

Wow! this bed is HUMUNGUS!!


After a rest on the huge bed, we set off for a trip to the beach. There are 7 miles of sands to play on. Charlie picked this spot to do a bit of mountain building. I helped a bit, after a spot of sunbathing. I had a great time.

Where's my bucket and spade ...



A nice man let us have a go in his boat. It was a very nice blue one, the same colour as my ribbon. It was very nice to be in the boat, but we didn't go out to sea. The boat stayed on the beach, which meant we didnt get wet.

Don't rock the boat Charlie...


After a while, I got bored of staying on the beach, so I asked Charlie to come surfing with me. She was a bit scared at first, but then I taught her how to do it properly and she got the hang of it. We shared a surf board, as we like to stay together. I think I looked quite cool, and Charlie looked as pretty as she always does.


Today Bournemouth... Tomorrow somewhere warmer.. Brrr!




We are back home now, but I hope to go away again soon.


I'll leave you with a nice beach joke.....


What did the sea say to the sand?


Nothing, it just waved.


Tiddy x


2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Thought I would post a comment for winning your lovely fibre. What a lovely holiday that you both had :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a child, my sister and I had a pair of knitted dolls, a boy and a girl, who we named Tiddy and Charlie. We had many adventures with them. They're still in our parents' attic somewhere, actually, and I remember them fondly.

    All these years later, I searched for 'Tiddy and Charlie dolls', wondering where we got the names from or if they were an actual make/brand.

    Imagine my surprise, then, to find out that there's a whole blog about two knitted characters with exactly the same names.

    There's no way that we could have possibly known about this blog in order to name them (being young children without internet access at the time). Also, our Tiddy and Charlie dated from around 2003 (possibly earlier).

    It looks like you haven't been active in a while, so maybe you won't see this. Just stopping by to share.

    ReplyDelete